This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of My World in Style.
Updates to our privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice on occasion to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website: https://www.myworldinstyle.com/
A) The types of personal information we hold and process
We will process personal data in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, including:
- Personal and contact details, including but not limited to title, full name and contact details
- Records of your contact with us such as via the telephone, through one of our website contact forms, or by email
- Your expressed travel interests, including destination and holiday types
- Products and services, you have booked with us, as well as those you have been interested in
- Your date of birth, gender, age (where provided)
- Passport information and your nationality, if supplied for the purposes of processing your booking
- Your residency and/or citizenship status, if relevant and required for the processing of your booking
- Family members, if supplied for the purposes of processing your booking
- Information about your health and dietary requirements, if supplied for the purposes of processing your booking
- Your marital status and family, if supplied for the purposes of processing your booking
- Post-travel follow up communications, including reviews, complaints and general feedback
- Marketing to you, including the history of our marketing communications, whether you open digital communications or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in.
- Insights about you gained from analysis or profiling of our database and the information we hold about you
- Online behavioural data including IP Address, Browser Type, Browser Version and pages of websites visited
B) The sources of the personal information we hold about you
We typically collect personal information from the following sources:
- Information supplied by you when you request a holiday quotation from us, either over the telephone, via email, through one of our website contact forms, call back request or webchat.
- Information supplied by you when booking a holiday with us
- If you have cookies enabled on your computer, we may also collect information that your browser sends us whenever you visit our website. This data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit and other statistics relating to your use of the Website. This information may be collected in conjunction with third party services such as Google Analytics and Analyser, an analytics platform that is used to measure a response to TV advertising. The information we collect is aggregated to produce statistics that cannot be linked to you. We use this information to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyse and understand how our website and products are used.
C) What we use your data for
We use your data, including any of the personal data listed in section one above, for the following purposes:
- Supplying you with the product or service you have booked with us
- Providing you with information, such as a holiday quotation, that you have requested from us
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers and staff, to help us improve products and services, and to assess or improve our business operations
- To share information, as needed, with business partners and service providers (for example, hotels, airlines, ground agents) as part of our contract with you to provide and administer the products and services you have purchased from us
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements
- Updating your records and the information we hold about you
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners, including hotel partners, ground agents and airlines
- For market research and analysis of our customers and business operations
- For the management and auditing of our business operations
- To detect and prevent fraud
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- For direct marketing communications, including customer profiling to help us to offer you products and service which we believe to be relevant to your interests, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We’ll communicate to you by email, phone, post, and other digital channels (for example, via Google Display Network/Custom Match and Facebook Custom Audiences).
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and other communications
- To review and improve current products and services, as well as develop new ones
D) The legal grounds for our processing of your personal information
We use the following legal bases to use your personal data:
A) Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- All activities relevant to delivering the product or service including enquiry, administration and processing of your booking, post-travel communications
- Managing bookings you hold with us
- Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers, including hotels, airlines and ground agents
B) With your consent or explicit consent:
- For direct marketing communications
- For profiling and other automated decision making
- For, where required, processing of special categories of personal data such as that about your health or criminal records information.
C) To comply with our legal obligations
D) Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- For market research and analysis
- For direct marketing communications, including customer profiling to help us to offer you products and service which we believe to be relevant to your interests, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services. We’ll communicate to you by email, phone, post, and other digital channels (for example, via Google Display Network/Custom Match and Facebook Custom Audiences).
- Where we need to share your personal information with partner organisations in order to run our business or comply with legal and/or regulatory obligations that govern our business operations.
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
In circumstances where providing personal information is non-compulsory to the delivery of our products or services, we’ll make this clear in our communications to you. However, we will be unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us
- Direct marketing by us and your marketing preferences
We may use your home address, phone number(s), email address and social media channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to the marketing preferences we hold on record for you.
You can request us to stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this privacy notice, or those provided in the specific communication.
- Opting out of or withdrawing your consent to direct marketing
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time. If you no longer want to hear from us, you can opt-out or unsubscribe by:
- Clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any of the e-newsletters we send (this applies to email communications only)
- Emailing us at Admin@MWIS.co.uk, writing to us at: My World in Style Ltd, 6th floor, office 6872 Kingdom Street, London W2 6BD
- Or telephone us at 203 580 4406
- You can also use the contact details above to advise us of any changes to your personal information and we’ll update your records accordingly.
- When we share your personal information with other organisations
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes of providing you with the products and services you have requested from us (such as a holiday quotation) as well as when you book with us. These third parties include our hotel partners, ground agents and airlines.
- When your personal information is transferred outside the UK or the EEA
My World in Style is based in the UK but when you request/book a product or service from us that involves a business partner outside of the UK or EEA, we will share your personal information outside the European Economic Area. In these instances, we endeavour to ensure suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using contractual agreements to stipulate the safe processing of the data we share.
- Our monitoring of communications involving the processing of your personal information
For the purposes of this privacy notice, monitoring means any: listening to and recording of calls, viewing of, intercepting of or saving emails and social media messages, keeping records of meetings and other communications.
We may monitor communications where permitted by law to comply with regulatory rules and to prevent or detect crime, as well as to enforce procedures for quality control and staff training purposes.
- Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- We store your personal data on secure servers; and
- We are using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology). It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
- When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, My World in Style does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third-party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information
- While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘Contacting Us’ below).
- Data retention
We will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as required for us to provide goods and/or services to you and subsequently for as long as you are legally entitled to bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance; and/or
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs
We only keep your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. After that period, we either: (1) anonymise the data if we still wish to use it for analytical purposes, or (2) pseudonymise the data if believe in good faith that we may need to process the data in the future for a legitimate purpose, or in all other cases (3) delete it completely from our servers.
- Your rights under data protection laws
The Data Protection Act gives rights to individuals in respect of the personal data that organisations hold about them. Below is a list of these rights. It is important to note that they don’t all apply in all circumstances.
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights. you can contact us by:
- Emailing us at Admin@MWIS.co.uk
- Writing to us at: My World in Style Ltd 6thfloor, office 687 2 Kingdom Street, London W2 6BD
- Or telephone us at 203 580 4406